So I thought that I would share some information each week on an essential oil so that everyone could learn a little about how amazing essential oils are and how you can use them in various ways in your home…
One of my absolute favorites is lavender essential oil. I completely love it and use in every single day.
- We diffuse lavender essential oil in our bedroom at night to promote restful sleep. We do forget sometimes – but if one of us had a poor night sleep the night before, you can be sure that it’s in place the next night.
- I use lavender essential oil on mosquito bites – I am cursed with them, and get big red itchy weals from them. If I scratch, they swell and I have had times where they last for days and get infected and ooze – pretty yuck! 1 drop of lavender oil as soon as I notice the bite – and then just forget about it. It’s amazing, takes the itch and heat away instantly.
- I have used lavender essential oil on my dog too – he has a rash and conjunctivitis. I diluted some lavender with fractionated coconut oil and sprayed it on his paw pads and between his toes. Seems to be working a treat
Some of the other great uses of lavender essential oil are:
Generally, lavender essential oil is good for everything – It is a very versatile for all ages and can be used by itself or mixed with other oils.
It has a sedative and calming properties, can help to balance body systems, asthma, cold sores, burns, scrapes, insect bites, skin conditions and many many more….
To find out more about how you can use this amazing and versatile oil – why not come along to my next “First Aid with Essential Oils workshop“?
Resources that I use for my information on a regular basis:
- Modern Essentials A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils
- Emotions and essential oils by Enlighten Healing
- Aromatherapy for Healing the Spirit by Gabriel Mojay
- doTERRA Blog
I ONLY use doTERRA Essential Oils in my clinic and my home. I have never have and reactions of issues using these oils. They are so pure that most of them can even be used internally. Click here for more information on using Essential Oils safely