I’m amazed at how many people have asked me about this particular oil and rub since my last ‘Introduction to Essential Oils’ workshop. So I thought that I would pull together some information on this oil and rub and share it with you… We absolutely LOVE this oil in my household – and with any pain and inflammation or muscle twinges, it the first thing that my family reach for. WE LOVE IT!!
To purchase this oil and rub or other doTERRA products, Simply go to the following site and click on the ‘Shop For Products’ Tab http://mydoterra.com/sineadkelly
Reducing pain and inflammation
The blend was formulated by Dr. David K. Hill to reduce inflammation, pain and to help healing in the body. It is a great topical analgesic blend that if used consistently can reduce inflammation and pain, so that the body (when properly hydrated and fed the right nutrition) can proceed to heal well.
Dr. Hill says that Deep Blue (called ‘Ice Blue’ in the Australian market) is remarkable and that because of the purity of the oils used in the blend the cells can absorb the blend quickly (blood flow is stimulated), and because our systems are connected so well you can apply the oil to a knee and the pain in your neck may also be relieved as the blend is processed through your whole system.
Helpful hints and cautions from Dr. Hill:
- do not rub in your eyes
- use a little and wait for relief for a few minutes, then add a little more if you need it;
Some ailments that this oil and/or rub can be used for:
- Feet Application for multiple conditions: After applying layers of oils for whatever conditions seal with DEEP BLUE RUB – a nice thin coat then apply cotton socks and enjoy the relief that surges through your body.
- Muscle Tears and Repairs: Deep Blue 4 drops, Marjoram 3 drops, White Fir 3 drops, Frankincense 3 drops – roller bottle is good and apply over damaged tissue 4 – 5 times a day. For very sensitive skin dilute 3:1 with coconut oil being the minor.
- Pain in the Neck: Deep Blue 4 drops, Basil 3 drops, Coconut oil 7 drops, apply and rub upward.
- Migraine Headaches: Apply oil to the muscles at the base of the neck and off toward the shoulders – apply in little amounts and then place warm moist towels on the back of the neck – apply more in 10 minutes if you need it.
- Headaches: Deep Blue on the fingertip of one hand and apply to temples and bones behind the ears; wait 5 minutes to see if you need more….
- Muscle aches and pains: Deep Blue applied to joints sparingly, wait a little while and feel better all over.
- Whip Lash: Consistent application of Deep Blue at the back and front of the neck will increase blood flow to the area and reduce inflammation and enhance rapid recovery.
- Arthritis: Deep Blue Rub on advanced Arthritis joints – like knees and hands and then warm moist towels for a few minutes. Use Deep Blue Oil on the bottoms of feet after applying On Guard and Geranium for relief and recovery – remember the cotton socks.
- Post Surgery: For Pain after surgery, apply oil at least 3 inch radius from incision every 2 hours – if a knee replacement or elbow or shoulder, you can apply to opposite knee and bottom of foot of same side. 65% of what is applied will benefit the recovery site. Stay hydrated as inflammation can be reduced with good hydration.
- Shingles: tiny amount of Epsom salts in spritzer bottle add 6 drops of Deep Blue and water and gently spray area of Shingles Pattern for relief of pain and skin distress.
- Burns: Spritz area around burn with Deep Blue and put Lavender essential oil repeatedly directly on Burn site for total healthy skin recovery.
The oil blend contains the following oils:
Wintergreen, Peppermint, Blue Tansy, German Chamomile, Helichrysum, Osmanthus.
If you want specific information on any of these oils – let me know…
Remember what you learned at my workshop – ONLY use a high quality CPTG (Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade) essential oil for therapeutic uses. Follow all instructions on the bottle.
To Purchase the Oil or Rub:
- Simply go to the following site and click on the ‘Shop For Products Tab’: http://mydoterra.com/sineadkelly
- Or contact me – I place a monthly order and can get it for you